IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what is your original UT name?, and how old is it?
DOG|SAKA
post Mar 2 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #121

DOG|SAKA

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

I started as RED_DOG[8B] then 8B merged with other clans we formed [CS] Corrupted Souls there were two REDDOG's so I ended up just being called DDG. Once CS died I moved to SAKA as DOG|SAKA been ther for close to 4 years if not more. But for 2K3 i moved to MoNK I play for for MoNK for COD still. But I am still ALL SAKA. And I have extended family in CS that is not a clan but are still Around.

BTW NOBODY You wore the of 8B for awhile and so did you ex dont forget your roots hehe I miss CONNY and Chappy Posting.

PAGE 7 woohoo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DaRk
post Mar 2 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #122

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Anthrax @ Mar 2 2004, 09:29 PM)
Anthrax- through the UT1 demo.
{FM} Death[Bite]s- a while after the game out.
Anthrax[Mk]- Remember them wink.gif
[TAL]ion- till UT1 was pretty much dead.
Ninjai- UT2K3.
Anthrax- UT2k4 Demo
Heh Went full circle.

talion ownz biggrin.gif

--------------------
The 18-1 Patriots Suck.

+Quote Post
crack
post Mar 2 2004, 10:40 PM
Post #123

the what?

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Junk @ Mar 2 2004, 06:23 PM)
Here's something I found from a long time ago, Pun! Enjoy! biggrin.gif smile.gif

awesome

+Quote Post
prod
post Mar 3 2004, 09:58 AM
Post #124

Member No.: 162

Well lax, since you asked, I guess I can reminisce a little. smile.gif

For myself, I had been using the name "prod" since playing Quake 1 online with my buddy Boolean. When we started playing UT, I accidentally went to a server called "GAC's Instagib" and was instantly hooked, though I would constantly get my comeuppance from the crapload of great players that were there. GAC too, but he was playing with a ping of zero. smile.gif Of course, at that time GAC was a member of MACK so they were all there all the time and they all had great pings (I believe Haz, RICO, Carnage, GAC, killbot, and maybe even Rage were in Ottawa at the time). Also played with Snowfarmer and Jules and Soli a lot, among many, many others. GAC's was the premier IG server on the east coast back then.

After a few months (around April 2000) I was playing on GAC's and a member of ESF (can't remember the name) asked if I wanted to join, but before I could answer, Jules invited me to join his and Snowfarmer's new clan, {bfd} (dodged a bullet there, I know). {bfd} was founded by those two on the principle of good sportsmanship, which wasn't really MACK's forte. wink.gif When I joined, {bfd} was made up of Snow, Jules, Boondoggler, Solipsist (Tachyon at the time) H20, Quijibo and JI. A great bunch of guys, and Snow and Soli especially helped me improve my game a lot. Soon after I joined came Dr_Death and Boolean, and GAC and killbot, tired of the MACK melodrama (and never being allowed to play in matches) joined and brought their server with them. cool.gif (lest I forget, some of the other members of {bfd} were Daz, Mr. Pink and Polaris, I apologize if I left anyone out).

Although I think losing GAC's server pissed the MACK boys off a little, we managed to get along ok with them although I don't think I'm going out on a limb if I say that we were all a little irritated by their cocky attitudes. We did scrim them frequently and like everyone else at the time lost every map. Meanwhile, {bfd} was a solid top 10 team on OGL while MACK was firmly ensconced at #1. I wish I could give you more of the particulars about scrim where we beat them on Esprit, but I can tell you that I'm fairly certain it was the first time they ever lost on a map, or at least the first they'll admit to. smile.gif I believe the rosters for that game were
{bfd}Snowfarmer, Jules, Quijibo, prod and JI versus Haz, RICO, Zenfe, Nikon and Nas. It was a close, intense game that we won 3-2 in OT and in the end we said our ggs and they blamed it all on NAS and Nikon, both of whom played better than RICO. That said, they did win the scrim 2 maps to 1, but at the time it seemed like quite an achievement.

I also remember some great scrims and matches with the likes of FuCT, SGL, SAKA, TAWC, GAY, and many others (curse my terrible memory). {bfd} clung to a top 10 rank and a winning record until frustration with the increasing bs that went along with matches killed our interest and drove us out of OGL.

After a relatively short while, GAC, Doc and I got the urge to play again and joined up with my pal Cerb and TMM for a fun and succesful run, but TMM was prone to the clan drama that we {bfd}ers abhor so eventually we lost interest there as well. That was pretty much the end of UT for most of {bfd}, although a core group of us have played many games together since then, mostly FPS, and we reformed for awhile in UT2K3 as The UnXpectables (Doc's UnX name, Captain Reacharound, was frequently hailed as the best name ever smile.gif )

Five of us (Me, Doc, Boony, GAC and Boolean) still hang out and play games on a regular basis, lately we've been playing a lot of Project Gotham 2 on XBox Live, and we are eyeing UT2K4.

I feel like I have been rambling for a long time, so I'll call it quits here. Lax, I hope this was at least semi-interesting for you. Please forward any questions to Boondoggler. smile.gif

+Quote Post
MACK-HAZARD
post Mar 3 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #125

Owner of the Banning Howizter

Member No.: 110

pfft prod please, we asked GAC and killbot to play in matches, but never responded to my emails and when they did it was 2-3 days after the match ended so dont even lie about that crap.

and regards to that scrim, I dont think I was there but I heard about it in IRC that night, bastards.

--------------------
user posted image
Proud member of the MACK Dynasty 1999-2001 - Fear The Unstoppable
http://www.clanmack.com - webhazard@clanmack.com - #MACK

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
{ë}L|th|um
post Mar 3 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #126

Member No.: 311

I used to be and now use the name Swampfox.
i never played UT1 or any fps besides 2k3 but i have been Swampfox since you could enter a fukin name on NES, shit i was Swampfox before Francis Marion was Swampfox.

"When British forces captured Charleston in 1780, American troops pulled out of South Carolina. Marion, however, stayed and organized a small force of poorly equipped men, training them in guerrilla tactics. Living off the land, Marion and his men harassed British troops by staging small surprise attacks in which they captured small groups of British soldiers, sabotaged communication and supply lines, and rescued American prisoners. After these attacks Marion withdrew his men to swamp country unfamiliar to the British. Colonel Banastre Tarleton, a British commander, gave Marion his nickname when he complained that it was impossible to catch the “swamp fox.”

Pwned people in the murky swamps of South Carolina...scary.

+Quote Post
Boondoggler
post Mar 3 2004, 10:16 AM
Post #127

Member No.: 486

QUOTE (MACK-WeBHaZArD @ Mar 3 2004, 10:03 AM)
we asked GAC and killbot to play in matches, but never responded to my emails and when they did it was 2-3 days after the match ended so dont even lie about that crap.

I knew it!!!! That's it, I'm calling GAC on the carpet tonight, enough of his lies! Dirty stinking lies for all these years!

PS - And his beard is unkept, he sleeps late, he rams from behind in Project Gotham 2.....umm, I'm all out of insults. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mc_SeS
post Mar 3 2004, 10:21 AM
Post #128

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Unplugamaizer[bAd)
,Mar 2 2004, 08:51 PM] btw...any ESF members here?

Good thing I chose [bAd]! cool.gif

shutup plug

bad sucks

+Quote Post
Coalesce
post Mar 3 2004, 10:23 AM
Post #129

Member No.: 350

QUOTE (dyn[)
mite,Mar 2 2004, 08:16 PM]
QUOTE (iMMolation @ Mar 2 2004, 04:05 PM)
Sith also brought in fatality who nevered played in a single match.

real fatality?

I don't think so, but the guy was better at ig than most people who played it regularly. I know some of his names, but I think GAY recruited him as fatality which was an alias... lol.

Oh and I have more names than everyone, do I get a cookie?

+Quote Post
Arioch
post Mar 3 2004, 10:26 AM
Post #130

Buccaneers 4 Life

Member No.: 104

Ok I will tell mine for the hell of it.
I got my first computer 3 or 4 years ago.
I was at office depot looking for a game.
I saw UT . It was only 14 bucks. had cool pictures on it.
I played single player for a little while.
then I noticed the Heat game thing to go online.
So I did and I was on dial up.Couldnt find many servers, that I could actually get in.
Cause I didnt have any patches.
But finally someone told me what to get and I started playing online as Lawn Monkey
Thats what I did for a living.
After heat died ,i found the browser in UT for the servers.
Long story short. I started playing CTF becuase instead of everyone owning me only half of the people could own me. the other half were on my team. smile.gif
Then I got tired of being killed by people who would blast me once . while I shot them repeatedly.

So I gave insta a shot.
It happend to be RRSA and Fulgore, Gollum, Ezekke ,CCW, Ozer[SAKA], Legend
And a bunch of others were playing.
I hopped around chased people, I was on d , but I was noobed out.

Everyone was nice to me, so I felt like I was at home.
I later wanted a more scary name. I like Fulgores name , So I named myself Arioch.

Took me many months to not hold the fire butten down the whole time.
I wanted in LM, but was not good enough so I started my own clan with other regs at rrsa.
Called it Stormtroopers of Death [SoD]
Later changed the name to ChAoS cause there was an SoD on ogl allready in CS or something.
After almost 2 years Chaos finaly disolved, Deadly told me to join [CS] fpr 2k3.
After 6 months I left to join RoAs 2k3 team wich didnt last long.
I went back to UT99 and thats how I wormed my way into RoA. lol
Cause face it, I aint too good. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
prod
post Mar 3 2004, 10:31 AM
Post #131

pfft prod please, we asked GAC and killbot to play in matches, but never responded to my emails and when they did it was 2-3 days after the match ended so dont even lie about that crap.

and regards to that scrim, I dont think I was there but I heard about it in IRC that night, bastards.

Heh, all I know is that GAC was ready to play in every single match {bfd} ever played. It was hard to get him to take a map off and let someone else in.

As for who played, I can't say that I remember you were there for sure, but I know there were three of the Fab 5. I wish Jules would read this and post his screenshot.

+Quote Post
Boondoggler
post Mar 3 2004, 10:34 AM
Post #132

Member No.: 486

Prod, you said I was in charge of all questions. dry.gif

+Quote Post
prod
post Mar 3 2004, 10:38 AM
Post #133

QUOTE (Boondoggler @ Mar 3 2004, 10:34 AM)
Prod, you said I was in charge of all questions. dry.gif

Oops, sorry.

+Quote Post
MACK-HAZARD
post Mar 3 2004, 10:45 AM
Post #134

Owner of the Banning Howizter

Member No.: 110

QUOTE (prod @ Mar 3 2004, 01:31 PM)

Heh, all I know is that GAC was ready to play in every single match {bfd} ever played. It was hard to get him to take a map off and let someone else in.

As for who played, I can't say that I remember you were there for sure, but I know there were three of the Fab 5. I wish Jules would read this and post his screenshot.

/shrug

--------------------
user posted image
http://www.clanmack.com - webhazard@clanmack.com - #MACK

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Unplugamaizer[bA...
post Mar 3 2004, 10:59 AM
Post #135

Hey Cuban chicks are hot! and cheap!

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (»VøW«°Sh!enx' @ Mar 2 2004, 09:26 PM)
I wasnt even in [bAd] for a week before I left, I think it was the time it started to die :|. I remember Kik and bad blood cool.gif
Who is bad blood right now on mIRC? I remember one time he PM'ed me but I dont remember the nick..

LOL, you were in my clan I didn't even know about it rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I like Cuba much.

+Quote Post
Mr_Nobody
post Mar 3 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #136

Member No.: 112

QUOTE (DOG|SAKA @ Mar 3 2004, 01:19 AM)
BTW NOBODY You wore the of 8B for awhile and so did you ex dont forget your roots hehe

Naw. You guys started recruiting me when the clan was still 8B, but by the time I joined you'd already turned into [CS]. I never got to wear [8B] on my name, which bummed me out because I thought it was a much cooler tag than [CS] biggrin.gif

Ha Plug, I was just thinking about EsF myself yesterday when I saw this thread. After some thought I decided to leave that dog lying in peace, but I am curious to know if any of their members resurfaced with new names in the community.

+Quote Post
NeoAres
post Mar 3 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #137

Member No.: 54

My names(mostly in order... not sure about which clans I joined first after SGL)

Slaughterfest <--- my first online name
Xan (Very original)
Xan_{PuKe} (Not Xanathos, I changed due to confusion laugh.gif )
kjata_{PuKe}
NeoAres|SGL
homosexual_ape[TAL]
[TNA]kjata <--- tac ops
|D|efiance
[Da]n00b
MidNight[SAKA]

Think thats all of them.

+Quote Post
Punisher
post Mar 3 2004, 04:05 PM
Post #138

YAK milk for sale

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (crack @ Mar 2 2004, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (Junk @ Mar 2 2004, 06:23 PM)
Here's something I found from a long time ago, Pun!  Enjoy!  biggrin.gif  smile.gif

awesome

was that before or after i did aim cyber logs with your sister dry.gif ohmy.gif cool.gif

--------------------
PO=user posted image

+Quote Post
Banko
post Mar 3 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #139

Member No.: 73

Banko[Lots of tags here] So, I'm copying DS big fuckign deal... I remember that whole first UT award for biggest clan hopper lol.

I really only used two names Banko and [T]itaniumBank when I was in T.

--------------------
Signatures are lame

+Quote Post
vengeance
post Mar 4 2004, 05:32 PM
Post #140

j00r pwner

Member No.: 139

banko killed it.

--------------------
And you will know my name
when i lay my vengeance upon thee

NvTS > j00

+Quote Post
RetiredQB
post Mar 4 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #141

Member No.: 169

I told immo I would write one of these so here goes.

I started playing UT in winter of 2000. I played on weapons servers and was very very bad. I spent lots of time trying to find good sniping spots on the face only server that was always populated. That went on for a while. Also notable is the fact I used the name Dan Marino but I think he retired that season so I ditched it sometime after that for RetiredQB.

I eventually found my way over to rrsa since it was one of the best pings on my list. I got schooled but sort of started to like IG. I can't recall the exact details. I know lots of TD, FDK, SGL and KYRO people played there. I still remember a guy named Godzilla(KYRO) who was encouraging and helped teach me some stuff.

Eventually I got recruited into NvTS when I was playing weapons. It was an all weapons clan and we were quite terrible. I got KingB and Jackofhearts to start playing soon after that. I still remember a game where KingB's job was to "keep the other team from getting the shield belt." A mission at which he was successful probably 40% of the time. Good times. Eventually I decided I hated weapons and started playing IG. Sometime in there I met 1sik who helped me out a lot when I was very noobie.

I remember thinking Darkside was awesome because he always crouched and shot me. I thought that was cool =P. I think I made friends with beef around that time as we were both learning how to play around the same time. I eventually became the leader of nvts and recruited a bunch of cool people into it, many of whom are still around today to some extent. I think we could have been a really good clan if everyone had kept playing, but real life comes first and none of our players were that dedicated to being "l33t." Lots of our members had to stop playing during the summer and xmas breaks so we kept removing ourselves from the ladders and starting over. I also helped sik recruit people for SiN (iMMo and Xfactor). But I wanted to give NvTS another chance and so recruited more people for it after a bunch of people quit playing for rl reasons. Most of those new people recruited eventually became the ring in zp (Hc, perfect storm, madmonk, vengeance).

I played I think maybe 3 matches in zp. They were all headaches. We got accused of botting in one (alpine), bitched out for chosing a reg IG map in one (jamen), and lost one that was otherwise good (doh). I also sucked shit at zp which made dealing with people even more frustrating. Oh, and zp pubs were big dm clusterfucks.

So eventually NvTS played 2k3 for a bit. Highlight was definetely beating imf for the #1 spot - imf were good sports and always fun to play. VoW beat us a few games later and never lost the spot again (cheaters =P). The people in NvTS mostly hated ut2 and went back to UT1. Sik and some of the SiN guys were starting to play again so I joined up with them.

That didn't last very long. They basically all hated ut2k3 (and I started to as well) so we ended up hardly ever scrimming or doing anything. We sort of sat around on our asses mostly. Lots of cool peeps though and we were very sexy =D

Some of us got the itch to play 2k3 again and formed ZEN, which was basically the few people from SiN who actually wanted to continue to play along with KingB, Jack and Woady from NvTS. We played for a bit but 2k3 was dying a slow death and a lot of us were slowly realizing just how much we disliked it. Eventually we stopped playing 2k3 altogether.

Now lots of people are talking about coming back. So who knows maybe we will see you in 2k4 =P

That was my longest post ever on a message board.

+Quote Post
Great_One
post Mar 4 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #142

Member No.: 259

and the most boring post ever smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nikon
post Mar 4 2004, 07:02 PM
Post #143

Owner of the Who?™

Member No.: 134

LOL Duke... man i dont remember that UWC name i used

and yea prod.. they fucking blamed me and NaS for that shit... that was gay

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
vengeance
post Mar 4 2004, 07:04 PM
Post #144

j00r pwner

Member No.: 139

QUOTE (Great_One @ Mar 4 2004, 07:39 PM)
and the most boring post ever smile.gif

lol, combo owned gg.

--------------------
And you will know my name
when i lay my vengeance upon thee

NvTS > j00

+Quote Post
X-fAcToR
post Mar 4 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #145

Member No.: 102

On Dial up and playing weapons:

[uBd]Dramacious (not long, and dont ask me how i came up with that name)
[uBd][X-FACTOR
Aliased as your_vagina with shen being your_penis

Got cable and joined LM the day after I got it. <didnt play IG before this lol
So..
On Cable:

[LM]X-FACTOR
[we]X-fAcToR (The caps got old tongue.gif)
Aliased as Rank a decent amount ..usually when I wasnt feelin my groove, wanted to see people's reactions, or was sick.. some of you might have seen me.
SiN-X-fAcToR
SiN-Sony on occasion

In ZP, In Ressurection(sp?) I played as .:R:.Sony (in ascii) and after R died, I played as X-fAcToR, FatAlbert, X, Sony, and Rank

In UT2k3:

SiN-X-fAcToR
X-fAcToR
ZEN-Eido

+Quote Post
Xanandtoast
post Mar 4 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #146

Stud Service - Approved Bitches Only!

Member No.: 236

Xanathos; started in the demo days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Loque
post Mar 4 2004, 07:18 PM
Post #147

Member No.: 100

ut1 : Jubie , FURY[11of4] , kb.Loque

2k3 : Loque[NUT]

+Quote Post
Can_O
post Mar 4 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #148

The Burninator

Member No.: 247

wow qb how did you get all that with leaving everything out? good read. and i love that story about kingb because it makes me laugh every time.

--------------------
NvTS > j00 | Teh Sad YAK
QB and Can_O, e-debate buddies for life
<Pun|Somewhere> No way, Herren's under my protection, and as Pope of YAK I only answer to Jesus (Can)

+Quote Post
Gibberman
post Mar 5 2004, 05:54 AM
Post #149

Member No.: 479

Gibberman - UT Demo
Gibberman(ZAP) - UT1
Gibberman(AIM) - UT1
Gibberman[TDD] - UT1
Gibberman(TAZ) - UT1
Vulpine - UT1, UT2k3
Vulpine{WaR} - UT1
Vulpine[TAWC] - UT1
Vulpine[DFC]- UT1 & 2k3
Jack_Schitt - UT1
Gibberman[bAd] - UT2k4

Aliases:
MadMax
Reflex (no longer use this one)

+Quote Post
Macbeth
post Mar 5 2004, 06:07 AM
Post #150

Wasted My Title

Member No.: 56

Macbeth

Then the tags for the various clans I was in. ISS, [S&D], [WaR], {TSS} and [YAK]. That's all the ones I remember, and it is not including Unreal Fortress ones.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
-TD-PintOStout
post Mar 5 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #151

Member No.: 129

Wow...makes me wish I had played this UT you speak of. unsure.gif

--------------------
A is for Apple. J is for Jacks.

+Quote Post
Can_O
post Mar 5 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #152

The Burninator

I find it a shame that pint and I were never in a clan at the same time. Can you imagine the fragging possiblities of the PintOStout/Can_'O_Whupass combination?

--------------------
NvTS > j00 | Teh Sad YAK
<Pun|Somewhere> No way, Herren's under my protection, and as Pope of YAK I only answer to Jesus (Can)

+Quote Post
Anthrax
post Mar 5 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #153

Member No.: 501

TD owed the demo Sup Dark tongue.gif

+Quote Post
dyn[]mite
post Mar 5 2004, 06:31 PM
Post #154

Member No.: 114

QUOTE (X-fAcToR @ Mar 4 2004, 07:12 PM)
Aliased as Rank a decent amount ..usually when I wasnt feelin my groove, wanted to see people's reactions, or was sick.. some of you might have seen me.

You BASTARD!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
SealClubber
post Mar 5 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #155

<( ''t) <-- Kirby says FU!!!

Member No.: 107

WildOptic

me and my buddy used it while playing UT on his computer...

I had it for a few months until someone said something about clubbing a seal on a server, and I started saying "I CLUB BABY SEALS!!!" on the server my old clan played on, not too long after that, I just started playing by the name SealClubber - been that way ever since. smile.gif

EDIT: oh man, you guys are writing novels... Ill do that shit tomorrow...

P.S.: I remember hardcore, madmonk, and perfect storm back in the day on RR-SA! tongue.gif

happy times, happy times

--------------------

QUOTE(ReBeL @ Apr 18 2007, 01:04 PM) [snapback]174276[/snapback]
but liberals live in a fantasy world where everything can be explained by science and reason.

+Quote Post
Noodles
post Mar 5 2004, 06:56 PM
Post #156

Sound Soldier

Member No.: 156

fuckin clan hoppers, VRX since '99

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
[YAK]Herrenvolk
post Mar 5 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #157

Member No.: 136

[CS]Herrenvolk (maybe {RAV} for weapons if that is relevant, essentially the same clan)
[LM]Herrenvolk
[YAK]Herrenvolk

I have never aliased either.

Hi Conny! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
rordog
post Mar 5 2004, 07:04 PM
Post #158

Member No.: 137

cumsparrow!!!!1111111

--------------------
user posted image
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - DR. Johnson

+Quote Post
[YAK]Herrenvolk
post Mar 5 2004, 07:15 PM
Post #159

Wow so much reading. I'll condense mine in the hopes that more people will read it.

1999 - Fun Demo days, excessive amount of time at 'UnReal on FastPC' playing CTF-Face...20 man server, lots of spawn killing cheaters, good competition, tolerable + fun (possibly the most fun way to kill piston campers [guys who stand behind the teleporter...you go through instantly dead] was to guide the deemer to the top of the opposite base biggrin.gif )
2000 - Or rather late 1999, join [CS] for weapons and get more interested in instagib. Abyss was the first [CS] member I knew, played with him daily.
2001 - With them for a year and a quarter or so until the clan dies because of internal nonsense
- Don't know the exact time frame, could include late 2001, but clanless for close to a year and frankly loving it, some of my best times/games on RRSA server this year
2002 - Join [LM] late 2001, quit after a year and a quarter, I forget why now, they become LIMB not long after, not really the [LM] I remember. RRSA just as awesome as the previous year competition wise.
- Sept 2002, join [YAK]
- Present 2004, still with [YAK] no forseeable end smile.gif

+Quote Post
Blocks
post Mar 5 2004, 08:50 PM
Post #160

Member No.: 167

I don't get it.... the subject said:

"What is your original UT name? And how old is it."

Or is there a hidden message in there? blink.gif

+Quote Post
dyn[]mite
post Mar 5 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #161

Member No.: 114

all us people under 40 can see it just fine what's your......oops!

laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
[YAK]Herrenvolk
post Mar 5 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #162

QUOTE (Blocks @ Mar 5 2004, 11:50 PM)
I don't get it.... the subject said:

"What is your original UT name? And how old is it."

Or is there a hidden message in there? blink.gif

Go with the flow tongue.gif

+Quote Post
nook
post Mar 5 2004, 11:48 PM
Post #163

Member No.: 358

Nookie[OST]
edon_{iLL}
LiT[FAT]
MACK-Nookie

in that order, today i use [NB]Nookie or either [Narc]master

+Quote Post
Conny
post Mar 6 2004, 06:54 AM
Post #164

Member No.: 485

QUOTE ([YAK)
Herrenvolk,Mar 5 2004, 07:00 PM] [CS]Herrenvolk (maybe {RAV} for weapons if that is relevant, essentially the same clan)
[LM]Herrenvolk
[YAK]Herrenvolk

I have never aliased either.

Hi Conny! biggrin.gif

smile.gif Hi Herren smile.gif

+Quote Post
-TD-PintOStout
post Mar 6 2004, 07:02 AM
Post #165

Member No.: 129

Had to appreciate lax's rememberance of the ooooold days. One of the first names I noticed as someone who killed me a lot (so I had to work on killing him) in the demo was lax. I've forgotten most of the others cause they disappeared/renamed with the release. I think the second person I decided I had to kill more was Wargazm (and that continues to this day even though I kick his arse tongue.gif).

BTW, during the original UT Demo, since I wasn't sure if I was going to get into the whole online gaming thing too much I stayed away from any usual nickname. So all throughout the demo I was running around as:

siR_roBin
(think I revived it for the UT2003 demo for a day).

But the day UT was released and was in the stores, it was back to PintOStout.
Note: This does not count joke names when goofing off with friends (Running around as smurfs anatagonizing the campers in LMS was always fun) or the occasional alias/borrowing of someone else's machine to get some privacy.

--------------------
A is for Apple. J is for Jacks.

+Quote Post
Cerberus!
post Mar 6 2004, 10:17 AM
Post #166

Member No.: 44

OMG YOU're all aliasers!

+Quote Post
NSX®
post Mar 6 2004, 10:21 AM
Post #167

2 fast 4 u

Member No.: 188

QUOTE (Rincon @ Mar 2 2004, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (DaRk @ Mar 2 2004, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Rincon @ Mar 2 2004, 06:32 PM)
Lets see.....

Rincon[bAd] (1999-2002)
Rincon.uga (2002)
Rincon[KRU] (2002-2003)
Rincon[T1Crew] (2003-present)

that reminds me

Booster.uga biggrin.gif

ya, that was the first, last, and only LG clan i've been. good times cool.gif

lol, good times indeed rolleyes.gif

lets see

Mycroft, A3RIS, NSX blink.gif

+Quote Post
lax
post Mar 6 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #168

Boostalicious

Member No.: 33

Thanks prod, great stuff! smile.gif

A lot of these stories definitely helped jog my memory as to why UT's early years were so much fun for me.

Pint, playing with the TD guys has always made for some great memories. I'll never forget the first time I saw TD on the servers. It was Great Alaskan during the demo and War and Blackbeard were just tearing up everyone else on the server, BB had the first godlike killing spree i witnessed in UT and it was just inspiring smile.gif Whether it was playing with guys like you, Sutter and Wolfie in the early days of UT or just goofing around on CFWC with Irrev, I don't think I've ever left a server out of boredom when you Total Dorks (I think that's what the communally accepted acronym for Timeless Demise was at the time biggrin.gif) were playing. Very often, when remembering great clans, stuff like wins and roster size comes into consideration. TD was often forgotten because their time on the ladders was limited to a couple of matches, but in the eyes of many oldschoolers like me, they'll always be considered one of the most talented & classy groups of players to ever play the game.

Seeing players from that era in this thread talking about it was really great for me. I know to many of us old and new, UT was more than just a silly game, and I'd like to thank you guys for sharing your experiences with me, as they are in many ways priceless reminders that the time we all spent playing this game wasn't in any way worthless.

+Quote Post
Draiken
post Mar 6 2004, 11:55 AM
Post #169

Member No.: 57

QUOTE (NSX® @ Mar 6 2004, 10:21 AM)
Lets see.....

Rincon[bAd] (1999-2002)
Rincon.uga (2002)
Rincon[KRU] (2002-2003)

that reminds me

Booster.uga biggrin.gif

lets see

Acura dry.gif

+Quote Post
FluffHead
post Mar 6 2004, 06:30 PM
Post #170

King of YAK

Member No.: 165

[187]FluffHead
×ÜñKµ±ºFluffHead
[L]FluffHead
[iR]FluffHead
Fl|U|ffHead
FluffHead[iMF]

A lot of others...minds in a blur atm so.. basically just FluffHead. and I used lyric sometimes

--------------------

db founder 2007 - end of time
LIVE: db stackZ www.db-nation.com

+Quote Post
Shishio
post Mar 6 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #171

Member No.: 149

I saw a list of my aliases.... Nightstalker said it if he posted more it would crash his computer. IT was something along the line of 7 newspaper pages big with that same font size.... but yes the main ones.

DeathscytheHELL
Deathscythe
AzrieL
Messiah
Darkphlare
Shishio
Drifter
SLCFB
Sux0r
PeachyM[iR]lubsdacok
P[iR]Meachy

Hrm can't think of anymore biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Shishio
post Mar 6 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #172

Member No.: 149

QUOTE (Noodles @ Mar 5 2004, 06:56 PM)
fuckin clan hoppers, VRX since '99

and look u still suck!

+Quote Post
Shadow-Zero
post Mar 6 2004, 11:31 PM
Post #173

Down with gravity!

Member No.: 343

I always wanted to join TAL..lol
Alas..I had to retire due to non-broadband capabilities sad.gif
And now I just suck..lol laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ReBeL
post Mar 7 2004, 12:36 AM
Post #174

Member No.: 407

Bigun
R4W-[Bigun]
R4W-[Rebel]
ReBeL`|v2k|

currently
[CR3W]ReBeL
°pz|ReBeL

--------------------
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and to form one that suits them better." - Abraham Lincoln

"The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form." - Jefferson Davis

+Quote Post
supra
post Mar 7 2004, 02:44 AM
Post #175

his dudeness

Member No.: 18

rick james

...bitch

+Quote Post
KPolice4
post Mar 7 2004, 03:30 AM
Post #176

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

rgr

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snake
post Mar 7 2004, 07:08 AM
Post #177

Member No.: 30

Oh Dear, where to start...

UT'99

"Snake_the_Sniper" was my first online alias and later switched it to just plain ol "Snake" on account of how Corny "Snake_the_Sniper" sounded biggrin.gif

LMS Clans: "{WHC}", "=DTM=", "{Elitë}" (where are they today sad.gif ), "TBA" (LMS/TDM/CTF to be more exact.)

CTF Clans: "[MK]" (for like a week then it died biggrin.gif ) "[GAY]" (had some of the best times in this clan wink.gif ) "*AS*" a clan Grave & I started (GGs G1) which turned into a miserable Failure) "[Da]", "|SGL" (also probably some of the best times i've had, but the sons of bitches left me high and dry biggrin.gif)

UT2k3:

"[iMF]", "LETHAL"

UT2k4:

"LETHAL"

+Quote Post
Freak_Grl
post Mar 7 2004, 08:30 AM
Post #178

kiss my ass

Member No.: 155

Always have been Freak_Grl ...always will be....

Clans? Hmmm...TD, YAK, {bfd}, OST....for UT1

Doh! S&D too! LOL How could I forget the one team I helped create?? Thanks lax!!

+Quote Post
lax
post Mar 7 2004, 09:24 AM
Post #179

Boostalicious

Member No.: 33

I coulda swore you were in S&D for a while freaky, maybe it was because you posted on their message board or something, dunno why I had that impression.

+Quote Post
TheRevolution
post Mar 7 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #180

I demand sandwiches!

Member No.: 212

Freaky left YAK cuz I joined...true story no matter what she says tongue.gif

+Quote Post
rordog
post Mar 7 2004, 01:32 PM
Post #181

Member No.: 137

i dont blame her pun tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - DR. Johnson

+Quote Post
KuD
post Mar 7 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #182

t

Member No.: 381

Demo- KUD! (NOD)KUD [sBw]KuD
Full version- |uTa|KuD ::wP::KuD

hm. 4-5 years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NSX®
post Mar 7 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #183

2 fast 4 u

Member No.: 188

QUOTE (Draiken @ Mar 6 2004, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (NSX® @ Mar 6 2004, 10:21 AM)
Lets see.....

Rincon[bAd] (1999-2002)
Rincon.uga (2002)
Rincon[KRU] (2002-2003)

that reminds me

Booster.uga biggrin.gif

lets see

Acura dry.gif

LOL how did i forget that one...

/me touches drai ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Mr_Nobody
post Mar 7 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #184

Member No.: 112

QUOTE (Freak_Grl @ Mar 7 2004, 11:30 AM)
Clans? Hmmm...TD, YAK, {bfd}, OST....for UT1

Doh! S&D too! LOL How could I forget the one team I helped create?? Thanks lax!!

sad.gif

+Quote Post
KPolice4
post Mar 7 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #185

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Shoutout to [CS]!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shadow-Zero
post Mar 7 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #186

Down with gravity!

Member No.: 343

and {NAP}..had to be the oddest name for a clan..funny shit tho.. rofl laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Porsche
post Mar 8 2004, 08:21 AM
Post #187

Crescent Fresh

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (lax @ Mar 2 2004, 12:58 PM)
I believe the first clan he joined was FAT, if you ask Porsche today, he'll still claim that he was instrumental in scouting out and recognizing DS's talent.

You are correct, lax cool.gif

Great thread. Normally I would write a long story about all of my UT escapades, but I don't think there is enough room on the internet. Perhaps a cliffs notes version will come out a little later.

Original name in the demo - Porsche
After seeing all these other players with these so called "Clan tags" at the end of their name, I figured I would copy them (copied OST most pointedly) and made (FAT).

After recruiting basically any player that fragged me in a pub into FAT, then learning how to strafe (and even dodge), and finally dominating UT until there was no more competition worth playing against.... biggrin.gif .... I started playing weapons, where I've been in various clans such as DFB, M1M, -v- , |UP|, {PiN}, sbs, and a few others I know I am forgetting.

As far as IG clans go....
Porsche(FAT)
Porsche[T1Crew]
Porsche[KRU]
|D|udeWheresMyCar
Sir_Loin[MOO]

I think that's all.... but I could be wrong.

Anyways, nice to see some old faces around here. I love you all! <3

P.S. I never knew you were Masenko, Energy. Ah, the good ol LMS days smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Freak_Grl
post Mar 8 2004, 10:38 AM
Post #188

kiss my ass

QUOTE (TheRevolution @ Mar 7 2004, 01:06 PM)
Freaky left YAK cuz I joined...true story no matter what she says tongue.gif

ROFLMAO!! I was out of YAK a loooong while before you joined, my friend tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Freak_Grl
post Mar 8 2004, 10:41 AM
Post #189

kiss my ass

QUOTE (Mr_Nobody @ Mar 7 2004, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (Freak_Grl @ Mar 7 2004, 11:30 AM)
Clans?  Hmmm...TD, YAK, {bfd}, OST....for UT1

Doh! S&D too! LOL  How could I forget the one team I helped create??  Thanks lax!!

sad.gif

I was only counting my UT1 clans, silly tongue.gif I didn't join PoD for UT1 tongue.gif

UT2 clans: PoD, SBF, {e} (for like a day or two), NuT (as their cheerleader ohmy.gif )and currently Nos (I'm bad at remembering this stuff, so I know I'm missing one or two).

+Quote Post
Unforgiven
post Mar 8 2004, 01:00 PM
Post #190

FU!

Member No.: 235

GuTTer_RaT[CIS]
GuTTer_RaT[T.A.Z.]
Ron|TH|
GuTTer_RaT[TG]
Muff_Daddy[TG]
Unforgiven[TG]

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TheRevolution
post Mar 8 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #191

I demand sandwiches!

Member No.: 212

Hey Rat, you forgot, Puns[BISH] tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Xtreme
post Mar 9 2004, 07:21 AM
Post #192

Member No.: 512

InSaNe`

+Quote Post
amen
post Mar 9 2004, 08:18 AM
Post #193

heya, sweetheart

Member No.: 310

I changed my name. I'm not amen anymore. I'm floofy poof.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Shadow-Xero
post Mar 21 2004, 07:45 AM
Post #194

Member No.: 444

From UT Demo:
Unreal_Machine
Shadow-Dust

From UT:
Shadow-Xero

I have only been in one clan and that was with Unreal_Machine...but they didnt last long and I dont even remember the name of it anyways tongue.gif

btw....sup KuD...long time no see

+Quote Post
Lawson
post Mar 21 2004, 08:00 AM
Post #195

Member No.: 175

I played UT single player using my last name, "Lawson". Never changed it since.

--------------------
The original dmer of CTF games®

+Quote Post
kon
post Mar 21 2004, 11:54 AM
Post #196

Member No.: 217

UM it was /UR\ and iMMo I was in NoC to but you were already gone to fv biggrin.gif
I started playing demo in 2000 with the name bIg_PuNiShEr, joined a clan <SC> we played 4 people camp flag and and one newb go for flag smile.gif none of us knew how to strafe lol but afterwards when I learned how to I quit the clan for another clan called [|-pot-|], one of the leaders ditched out so me and HU started a clan. It lasted awhile and was good untill HU made everyone quit laugh.gif
Then I joined =VoD= played with them for maybe a year. Then most of the members started getting fv and eventually someone sent me the mac version , it was hard as hell to find. I still had fun on demo so I played occasionally for the clan NoC.
When I got on fv my first clan was ]sY[...some of us were newbs and some of us knew what we were doing. It was mostly =VoD= and a few other demo guys. Nu||set Rupture Me Tool Nextasy and j joined us to help us out. I was playing mostly LMS at the time and I got owned by people like Shish and Law but it was good fun laugh.gif
after that I joined a couple clans like TS, AnD for zp and I don't even remember now laugh.gif
I stopped playing ut for a good 8 months and came back and joined KRU. Played with them for awhile and now I just play with some friends in a clan called rAp cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Can_O
post Mar 21 2004, 04:25 PM
Post #197

The Burninator

QUOTE (Xtreme @ Mar 9 2004, 11:21 AM)
InSaNe`

Awww what happened to your old sig? laugh.gif

--------------------
NvTS > j00 | Teh Sad YAK

+Quote Post
lev
post Mar 21 2004, 04:52 PM
Post #198

Member No.: 351

I played only on a lan for the demo.

For the full version, I played as cryss. That was throughout my time with BUZ.
Then I chose levanter when I joined FUcT. Then a large chunk of my clan moved to
MACK. That's when I took a break from clanning and focused on school. During
that time, I played as either cryssux or lev, depending on how I felt.
I rejoined FUcT soon after.

Later FUcT was going down so I joined up with RoA with the nick lev. That lasted
a good while. For a brief stint I joined Alpine as kino. But it didn't work out since I
don't like zp tongue.gif .

After a while I lost my taste for ladder play in UT. The games just weren't very good.
(Oh and at the time I was also in TFO under the name Daimon smile.gif ) So I left UT for a good
few months.

Then in september I began to frequent the NiSa server again and for whatever reason
I joined them under the name MFD (MicroFloppyDisk, for those that are wondering). I
didn't really play matches with them. I just attended some scrims and continued to play
in their server from time to time. Then out of the blue they kicked me for lack of
participation or something like that. So I just played as lev.

Then I was asked to join GODz. This was fun because I had to pick a new name to
be cogent with the clan's theme. So I picked Janus, the god of doors (among other
cool references). That didn't last long either. I didn't want to play ladder matches
and I'm pretty much against boosting and strat suicides (which they do constantly tongue.gif ).
So I left and now I'm just lev smile.gif

Though I have sported a few aliases along the way

Here's a couple smile.gif

X.V.T LiteBrite k-bar low_tol laggi_\/\/ar/-\all horus_joint Astro_Metal lime_stone
SuckiN lightdog_connect_to_ cant_hit_nobody golden_silk jubiliar junki_warhall
mane Stori7yme wynd_junki @$! $tori7yme korIgan

+Quote Post
Vlad
post Mar 21 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #199

Popo likes little boys

Member No.: 226

VladTheImpaler
then
[TAWC]VladTheImpaler

and then I just kept shortening the name to VladImpaler and then to Vlad biggrin.gif

Then I was [LM]Vlad and then [LM] and |IB| merged and became [LIMB]Vlad...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 08:16 PM